Back after popular demand after the Matrix of Textile show last spring, this year's exhibit is a chance to rethink textile, with works from Emily Carr University students of design, painting, printmaking, sculpture, bookbinding, photography and multimedia — and anything else we forgot.

Curated by Jennifer Norquist

Amberlie Perkin

Barnyard Fun is a “choose your own adventure” story where readers can lay out the pages however they want and move the animals around to create different stories. 
While a fair amount of my artwork deals with themes that are generally more serious or melancholy, Barnyard Fun is an expression of the other side of my life- I am a Social Development and Art Teacher for young children. In this part of my life I am continually creating crafts, cutting construction paper, playing with children and leading circle times for little ones and their parents.  Working with children is my passion.  I love how they are unpredictable, free spirited and that their imaginations and creativity know no bounds. Barnyard Fun is a celebration of all of the things that I love about children. It is also a celebration of what I love about great children's books - it has engaging characters, bright colours, and room for imaginative interaction and play. 

No comments:

Post a Comment